From: aga-member-bounces@thekrib.com [mailto:aga-member-bounces@thekrib.com] On Behalf Of Ron Boyd
Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 1:09 AM
To: Aquatic Gardeners Association Member Chat
Subject: Re: [AGA-Member] Madgascar Lace bulb Blackening

I had problems with getting my madagascar lace to grow until I lowered my temperature.  It used to stay in the 82-87F (28-30C) range, and I lowered it to 77-79F (25-26C) and now it grows amazingly well.  It flowers about once a month and is about 2 feet (0.6 meters) tall with around 3 new leaves a week.  Nothing changed but the temperature.

Ovais <ovais60@go4b.net> wrote:Dear Friends,

I am keeping aquatic plants for 15 yrs+, I use filtered sunlight and rest
the natural way, no hi-tech gadgets. Temp is never extreme, say between
28~35C.
I live in Karachi , a port city at sea level, with summer and mild winters,
lots of sun and reasonable humidity, very less rainfall.

Time and again, I tried lace plant, without success, as the bulb blackens
and eventually rots, giving some leaves at times , what is the general
experience in keeping this plant and any special recommendation, on
substrate, filtration, water movement,Hydrogen peroxide, companion planting
etc.

ovais