From: "JenThePlantGeek" <aga-member@thekrib.com>
To: <aga-member@thekrib.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 4:29 PM
Subject: [AGA-Member] RE: Madagascar Lace plant

I don't want to be a downer about sharing information - but recently the
Circle City Aquarium Club had to make it's forum private because some of our
members got in trouble for saying negative things about distributors and
manufacturers, etc.

Even saying "yeah, me too" was enough to get one of our members sued -
though he got out of it quickly enough and wasn't held accountable.   (NOTE:
I was not an active member of the CCAC when this happened, I just heard
about it second hand)

I'm not sure where to draw the line though.  I think discussions like pros
and cons of certain methods and products are good, but it might be worth
looking into what exactly is considered libel or slander when we start to
discuss experiences with particular manufacturers.

Bummer, isn't it?

Read this topic online here:

http://forum.aquatic-gardeners.org/viewtopic.php?p=1480#1480