Re: RE: Why did they kill the eggs!! :-(

>>Chinese algae eater and today seen something remarkable.. it chased the large jewel off and actually attached itself to the side of the male ( just for a second). <<

This is why many folks don't by Chinese (Siamese) Algea Eaters.  The true SAE is realtively harmless, but others that are similar and sold as SAE will actually eat scles off of their tank mates when they are hungry.  I'd consider removing it.  BTW, the SAE and the Cory may be eating the eggs.  If the you leave the lights on 24 hours, the parents may have a fighting chance to protect the spawn.  But if you let the tank get dark, the cats will feast.  It's best to remove them or divide the tank so they can't get to the eggs.

Bill Vannerson
McHenry, IL
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/william_vannerson