RE: Water parameters for dwarfs?

Hi,
Most people on this list will tell you that a 3 gallon tank is too small to
keep dwarf cichlids.
As a minimum I'd suggest a 18x10x10inch tank for a single pair.  In a tank
this size it may be neccessary to split up the pair if they fight or fall
out after a spawning.  80f is about perfect for keeping and spawning
Apistos, that is the temp I aim for.  I've never tried up to 86f.  There is
data that suggests you would get a highly skewed sex ration from fry at such
a high temperature.  Your water chemistry is ideal for maintaining and
breeding most apisto species.

Get a larger tank and go for it.

Cheers,
Ken.

ps I can get to the web site you mention today.