fry behavior

Scot,
Good observations, Wayne Leibel also did a talk on this studying what are
the fry responding to.  It was in his New Orleans ACA talk (98) and he
touched on it again when he talked to our club in (99).  Interesting, he
actually contructed a styrofoam "mom" and then cut away parts to see what
the fry responded too.  It was the black coloration and the movements of
that black coloration, presence and absence of it and another set of
movements that I don't recall.

That is why I always hate to remove mom from fry if at all possible.  I
think they then spend too much time in "duck and cover" instead of
feeding.  Just had to do this with 2-3 day old steindachneri fry...we will
see how they do. Usually I don't remove mom.

Kathy