Re: A iniridae spawning?

Steph,

I bred this species back in 1978 when it was still an undescribed species. You
are correct, it looks like you have a bonded pair (pertensis-like fish, including
iniridae are monogamous). I bred my fish in straight Denver tap water that had
aged to drop the pH to around 6. My tap water is fairly soft (3º dGH & <1º dKH).
I believe that a compatible pair & the low hardness (especially KH) are factors
in reproducing this fish. Good luck!

Mike Wise