Re: Recent bargain...was A. sp. Wangenflecken??

Phil,

I would say the Aqualog....South American Cichlids II, that is the one
with apisto's....problem is that it is only pictures.  I use it all the
time for unknowns though.

The next readily available text would be South American Cichlids by Hans
Mayland and Dieter Bork, I haven't disected that one yet...it is on my
list for when I get time.  The pictures are fluorescent...well not really
but the lighting effects they used really highlight the subtle colors of
the fish...the problem is they often don't look like that everyday.  Erik
and I with lighting have been able to replicate that color effect, but it
does through you off a little.  Ingo Koslowski's book is great, but only
in German and out of print....so until Ingo and Uwe Romer's books come out
in English....my mainstay are Linke and Staek, Aqualog, and Mayland/Bork
(the later I have not used as much yet).

Kathy