Re: Blue-green algae

Thank you.
Guess I will put up with this tank being the way it is.  It is just that it
is the only tank of my 22 that has this problem.  Drives me nuts.
One thing I did do was take the plants out and dip them in a bucket of water
with an antibiotic in it to clean them off.  I replanted them and the plants
seem to be fine.
This particular tank is below a 20 gal and close to the floor making it
difficult to siphon the gravel.  I also think that the gravel size is to
large thereby creating pockets for uneaten food and wastes.

Thank you again
Francine

On Tue, 15 Feb 2000 18:59:18 -0800 (PST), apisto@majordomo.pobox.com wrote:

>  oh yeah....an addendum here....I didn' say why to avoid
antibiotics....not
>  only can it kill the bacteria in your filter/and cylcing your tank, but
it
>  can create resisitence.
>
>  Just my 2 cents worth.
>
>  Kathy
>

>  On Tue, 15 Feb 2000, Fbethea wrote:
>
>  > Hi all,
>  > I need help.  I have one 10 gal tank that has a clutch of orange flash
>  > cacatuoides.  Unfortunantly, this tank has a blue-green bacteria
plaque.
>  > The fry were free swimming February 4th.  Will it be safe to treat this
tank
>  > with Maracyn?
>  >
>  > Francine (Apistogramma Mama)
>  > Fish - photography - genealogy
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > _______________________________________________________
>  > Get 100% FREE Internet Access powered by Excite
>  > Visit http://freeworld.excite.com
>  >
>  >
>  >