Re: Buying & Selling From List Members

----- Original Message -----
From: Tim Ellis <timellis@flash.net>
To: <apisto@admin.listbox.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2000 11:55 AM
Subject: Buying & Selling From List Members

> I know this will ruffle some feathers, but maybe it will save someone
> else some grief. There was a post to this group over a year ago called
> "Desperately Seeking Hongsloi".
> This was aimed at me and I responded by sending fish out before
> receiving funds. Big Mistake. After a year of hounding I received this
> response.
>

> <your check is in the mail, now would you kindly piss off... and btw
> <your A.
> <"hongsloi" were hybrids that were properly culled...thanks
> <
> <                             Steven J. Waldron
> <
> <                            http://WWW.ANURA.ORG
> <               "Natural History, Captive Husbandry, Conservation and
> <                          Biophilia of Tropical Frogs"
>

> 1.Be Very Careful With Who You Deal With
> 2.Get The Money First
> 3.Get The Money First
>
> For anyone that this offends, my apologies.
>
> Tim Ellis

This is rediculous pile of crap.  I helped collect the original brood stock
in the Alto Carinagua near the Puerto Ayacucho Airport, their is no way
these fish are hybrids.  Just because you couldn't breed them doesn't mean
anything except a lack of skill on your behalf.  I know Tim personally, he
is a good friend and not a schiester or hot tempered fellow in anyway, he
can breed any apisto he gets his hands on and has some varieties that you
will never see.  From what I have seen of this list, some members will buy
plenty of cheap farm raised crap because god forbid they would spend real
money for a fish, just for those who want to talk about hybrids. Tim Ellis
is a purist if I have ever met one and keeps good data from collection to
spawning charts on all of his fish.

Archives"!