Re: Apisto suvey (was RE: Mike Wise writing a book?)

Ken wrote:

<Mike,
<Can I ask what you are keeping?  I've never met an ugly Apisto.

Well some are ugly and some (but not all) are just not very colorful. Most of
what I keep are species that show interesting links between groups or are from
known collecting localities:

Apistogramma cacatuoides (orange domestic)
A. guttata (type locality)
A. hippolytae (Tefé)
A. hoignei (Uracoa)
A. cf. meinkeni (Tefé)
A. nijsseni
A. panduro (Lucanus' large flank patch form)
A. sp. Albertini
A. sp. Crixas
A. sp. Nanay
A. sp. Pebas
A. sp. Red-fin Rio Xingu/Blauspiegel
A. sp. Rio Preto do Candeias
Nannacara sp. Venezuela
Anomalochromis sp Guinea

As you can see, not a lot of commercially popular ones.

Mike Wise