Re: Apisto survey

Mike Jacobs wrote:

> Lisa................lurking will make you 3000 years old and your
> tanks will leak.........look what happened to me.....you have to
> participate!!!
>  Mike Mike Jacobs
> Center for Advanced Technologies
> Lakewood H.S.
> St Pete, Fl  33705
> mjacobs2@tampabay.rr.com

Is that the reason I had to fix my 225?  Geez....live and learn.
*grin*  I'll do my best to participate but I'm learning alot by just
reading the list.  I'd love more apistos but I seem to be running out of
tank space and alot of my fish have decided to spawn again!  Always
interesting to see the id-ing process on the apistos.

Which of course makes me wonder on the norberti I have.  It does look
alot like the one in the Mayland and Bork book.  The one difference I
noticed was on the dorsal where the pic in the Mayland and Bork book
shows the red on the dorsal; the dorsal seems to be basically the same
height as the rest of the dorsal.  In my male this section of the dorsal
is greatly extended.  Very pretty in my opinion.  Is it possible that
it's age related?   I do have a few pics of them but not the best, the
colours get washed out.  (most likely my picture taking skills)  The
male always displays until I want a picture of him showing off then he
goes and hides.  I'm just hoping the eggs will hatch since I haven't
really played with the pH much and it's not the recommended below 7.
Guess I'll find out soon enough :)

Is this enough participation mike? *grin*

Lisa