Re: A. hongsloi (Alto Carinagua)

Mike & Diane Wise wrote:
>/Snip!
> As I said in an earlier message, the problem seems to be the 2 hobbyists' concepts
> of "A. hongsloi" and "Rotstrich". One can consider "Rotstrich" to mean all forms
> of A. hongsloi, but this is wrong. Someone else may consider "A. hongsloi" to mean
> Rotstrich exclusively, yet this is wrong, too. Rotstrich is merely a colorful
> population of A. hongsloi. If you want a highly colorful form of A. hongsloi, ask
> for Rotstrich - and make sure both sides understand what "Rotstrich" means. If you
> are more interested in getting a unique population, search out the species with a
> known collecting locality./Snip!

I sent these fish to Mike to get his opinoin as to whether or not they
could be what "Frog Boy" claimed, hybrids. I asked Mike to post his
reply to help me clear the air about the fish that I am selling. I first
asked this list to help me find out what these fish were and the general
concensus was A. sp. hongsloi. I can not recall ever claiming to have
genuine "Rostritch". If I did I apologise. But that is no reason to not
relay your complaint, not to pay, and especially to kill the stock. I
take that as a personal and pitiful shot, at the expense of a
defenseless animal. You should be ashamed of yourself. It is even more
of a shame that it is not prosecuteble by law. But hey, we all will have
to answer for our actions eventually. So in parting if someone wants
some A. hongsloi let me know, otherwise lets get on with things that
help keep our fish alive,happy, and hopefully breeding.

Good Day All,

Tim