GSAS auction was Re: Tampa Bay Aquarium Society Meeting Notice

Actually, I don't mind the local club announcements on the lists and I don't feel it's inappropriate.  It was through the internet that I learned of all of the clubs I belong too, and I am better for it.  And I post similar announcements myself, mostly for my killie club.

I feel that such postings are not spam because they have some relavence to the hobby.  We see messages from folks asking where they can find Apistos.  Well, you're likely to find some in Tampa Bay at their show.  So such an announcement can actually help the hobby and introduce folks to Apistos.  Perhaps a concession can be made if folks that list club show announcements on lists agree to provide list subscription information at the show so interested folks become aware of this valuable resource?

Just some thoughts

BTW, The Apisto list seems o be a bit more sensitive towards these issues than others.  That's not a bad thing, just an observation.

Bill Vannerson
McHenry, IL
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/william_vannerson