Re: GSAS auction was Re: Tampa Bay Aquarium Society Meeting Notice

On Fri, 7 Apr 2000, William Vannerson wrote:

> I feel that such postings are not spam because they have some
> relavence to the hobby.  We see messages from folks asking where they
> can find Apistos.  Well, you're likely to find some in Tampa Bay at
> their show.  So such an announcement can actually help the hobby and
> introduce folks to Apistos.  Perhaps a concession can be made if folks
> that list club show announcements on lists agree to provide list
> subscription information at the show so interested folks become aware
> of this valuable resource?

OK, it sounds like the consensus (at least 3 people) is that blanket
postings relevant to the aquarium hobby (but not Apistos or other Dwarf
Cichlids) are considered "ok" here.  I had to speak my mind, but I will
not be sending any more complaints about it, and will consider posting
more announcements for our local club then.

  - Erik
  http://www.gsas.org

--
Erik Olson