Re: apisto with intestinal worms

Frozen ones are OK!!!...I've never had an infestation of anything from
frozen anything, nor have any of the other people in my area I've talked
to..as I understand it frozen food is raised under controlled situations,
I'm sure a purveyor of frozen food wouldn't be in business for long if they
were known to carry nasties in their frozen food...especially with the way
the word can spread today, thanks to the net...live worms or any other food
taken from a lake or pond could be disasterous in my opinion.

At 10:18 AM 4/15/00 -0600, you wrote:
>Pete,
>
>Aren't blood worms chironomid larvae? Not good news for those who use them on
>dwarfs.
>
>Mike Wise
>
>"Bolton Museum, Art Gallery & Aquarium" wrote:
>
>> As an aside, some Madagascan cichlids here were treated with
>> Levacide prophylactically due to their value from a conservation
>> point of view. Following this, they were fed large amounts of live
>> chironomid larvae to condition them up for breeding. When a fish
>> was subsequently sent for p.m. following some aggression an
>> infestation of nematodes were found in the intestinal tractPete Liptrot
>> Bolton Museum Aquarium
>> Le Mans Crescent, Bolton BL1 1SE
>> 01204 332200

Archives"!