Re: apisto with intestinal worms

I once found tubifex worms growing in one of my tanks. I don't know how they got
there because I had never fed live tubifex, although I had used frozen worms. I
found it hard to believe, but my only explanation was that either the fish had
carried in eggs or that the frozen tubifex had some viable worms or eggs. Just to
be on the safe side I've never used frozen tubifex again. I prefer to stay with
live/frozen brine shrimp and earthworms because they do not come from the same
freshwater environment as my fish. I doubt very many diseases can be transmitted
between organisms inhabiting different environments.

Mike Wise