Re: worms and food was:Re: apisto with intestinal worms

In a message dated 4/15/00 1:23:36 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
fraulels@minet.ca writes:

<<  can anyone suggest a recipe I can use as an
 alternative to bloodworms? They've been my staple for years. My fish
 love them, and I have never had problems fishwise, but my allergy to
 bloodworms has reached the stage where when I do water changes on tanks
 I feed heavily with the worms, I get unpleasant welts on my arms for
 maybe 30 minutes after. I don't get this symptom in tanks I feed with
 other foods, so I'm 'happy' there's a connection.
 I used to make my own mushy green Malawi food, but for Apistos, I'd want
 something cheap, nutritional and easy - I guess shrimp or fish based.
 Ideas, anyone?
 -Gary

I get those welts too, I won't go near those worms