Re: spawning triggers

Thank you all for your thoughts on my Cacatoides who haven't spawned.   Here are a couple of answers to questions that have been raised:

1.  I do feed frozen glass worms on ocassion, so the diet is not exclusively blood worms.  I no longer feed live black or tubifex worms, having learned my lesson the hard way.

2.  On the possibility of intestinal worms, I am in general reluctant to put medications into an apparently healthy tank.  Is the fact that she eats but remains thin enough to go on?   Is deworming medication risky?

3.  On the possibility that the fish are old, I really have no idea.  The male is large & gorgeous (purchased through the mail from Dominic in Denver whose fish have previously been mentioned on this list).

   Thanks again for your thoughts.

Matt Diller