Re: "Salt grains" on wild rams.

 These worms usually require 1 or 2 other hosts to complete their
> life cycle so it is next to impossible for them to infect other fish in
> the tank. I remove these worms by using a sterile needle to open the
> pimple and remove the worm. This is done while the fish is covered in a
> wet cloth. After removing the worm I disinfect the wound with a little
> alcohol and return the fish to the tank.
>
> Mike Wise
My preference in the case of these encysted worms would also be
either removal or leaving them alone. To treat with an antihelminthic
could actually be far more dangerous to the fish, as if the treatment
kills the parasites the fish will then be left with a putrefying foreign
body embedded in it's tissues.

Pete Liptrot
Bolton Museum Aquarium
Le Mans Crescent, Bolton BL1 1SE