Re: pics of Malome/Mamore (???) & ID request

Andrew,

Looking at your photos, I am pretty certain that they are the same species that
Max G. & Bailin S. asked me about. I would call them A. cf. resticulosa. They are
most likely the same fish that came into Japan as A. sp. Mamoré Blue. I believe
it is also the same fish sold in this country as A. sp. Malome. They were
probably originally exported by Aquarium Goias (I think that's what it's called)
- a Japanese fronted export firm in Brazil.

Mike Wise