Artificial Hatching of Ram Eggs

Am sure this question has been asked before...but because my gorgeous but
dopey rams keep losing their eggs between the 2nd and 3rd days after
spawning (either due to lax parenting skills overnight or cannibalism on
their own), after 3 spawns of that, am going to take a whack at artificial
hatching.  They do their duty on a convenient piece of slate that is easily
removed, but wanted to ask what the best conditions are in a hatching tank.
Will a 2 1/2 gallon do the trick with a small airstone?  Once I've fed them
a few days with BBS and microworms, will move them to a larger tank.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank ya muchly,
Wendy