Re: R/O Units

I always enjoy the comments regarding RO "WASTE" water! I hope by using that
word "waste" you are not dumping it out and losing it. I have a unit that
produces 25 gallons per day with "non-RO" water at 125 gallons ratio for
about seven years now. I maintain 80 tanks with an average of about 15
gallons. The RO water is used only for breeding Apistos and all the other
water is used for all other tanks. When I sell Apisto's to the local store,
they are in regular tap "waste" water to avoid stress as I know the store
doesn't use it's RO water for the sales tanks. At least 75% of my tanks use
the so-called waste water. My tap water is 170ppm and the waste water is
still 170ppm. There is never any added hardness in any RO system; that's what
the filters are for. I actually keep 10 to 15 gallons of that water in
1-gallon milk type containers for all our cooking needs and it makes great
coffee! Why the words "waste water" are used, I'll never know. If you use the
water from your tap, why wouldn't you use this water where all the small
unseen particales are removed and it's a lot purer?
    Z-Man