Apistogramma contaminant

Hello from Australia and hoping that someone can shed some light on a wild
apisto pair that I was fortunate enough to obtain as a contaminant.

A shipment of apisto gibbiceps came into the wholesaler and my LFS found
some Apisto agassizii (about 3 pairs) in the shipment. The problem then
arose as to what strain the fish is - comparing with the AQualog catalogue
suggests the strain is "santarem".

My question (crossing my fingers) is whether gibbiceps is localised in a
particular area which may shed some light on the possible agissizii strain.
Probably just my luck that gibbiceps is widespread in its distribution.

Many thanks for any help

Bill Phillips