Re: R/O Units

Kasey writes:

> I heard recently that there is an R/O unit that produces 1 gallon of water
>  and wastes only one gallon. My question is there such a unit or is this
like
>  many other things a myth?

The output-to-waste ratio is dependent in part on the hardness of the source
water.  Some people can get a 1:1 resultant or even better.

> If not true what would be the most efficient unit
>  to buy wasting the least amount of water?

Use a de-ionizer instead.  It has no waste water output at all.  It relies on
ion exchange, and the exchange salts have to be replaced or recharged as they
become used up.  Cost wise, the recharging is about equal to, or cheaper
than, RO filters.  RO maintenance is easier, though.

> The unit I have now wastes about
>  ten gallons for every one produced.

Sounds like you have really hard water.  In this case, no RO you can buy will
produce a 1:1 ratio.

>  Another question has anyone used Proper pH 6.5 to reduce the pH and keep it
>  stable?

Not me, sorry.

Bob Dixon