jewel cichlds

I have been told that jewel cichlids are officially classed as dwarf
cichlids - so I hope people don't mind this being here.

Does anyone know what Hemichromis species 'forest' jewels are ? I have two
that I recently bought as 'forest' jewels but a book I have shows 'forest'
jewels to have white spots and mine have blue spots. A friend of mine said
that H. lifalili has white spots and I was wondering if they are the same
fish ? Can someone describe how to diagnose the actual species of jewel
cichlid I have ( I will have photos of mine in 3 days and can send them
then ).

regards,

Simon

http://thecichlidtank.cjb.net