RE: WARNING newbie type questions

I would not add corys to a tank if you want babies. The parents probably
could defend the eggs/fry but why risk it?
Small pencil fish make good additions, small mouths and a tendency to stay
near the surface. Keep the tank covered because the parents will dart at the
pencils and they jump out!  For maximum fry production, don't add any other
fish, and remove the male once the fry are free swimming. I have had
brooding females kill males before in 5 and 10 gal. Never a problem in 20
gal.
dave