Re: Sacrimontis or pulcher ?

Hi,
Whoops, the old lack of clarity in e-mail strikes again!
I agree they are probably different species, but wanted to make the point range of
distribution was important for determination. I see how I muddled it, by saying the
pulcher were right beside the 'sacrimontis', but not specifying in a different tank
from a different shipment...
They can be hard to recognize when stressed, and there are two very differently
coloured 'sacrimontis' from the Cross River area, sharing the cheek striping but not
the colour intensity. I've never had the big tank I'd need to throw them together and
see what happened with these colours over the long run.
Fully adult and in a good set -up, they are very different fish. from the common
krib.
I think it's one of those many species where you have a long geographic range, with
the fish at the two ends being classified as different species, but with the dividing
line hard to find in the middle. It's something I find very difficult with killie
species definitions. I haven't heard as much about this question with Apistos as I
have with West African fish.
-Gary