Re: Sacrimontis or pulcher ?

I would say you have already gotten 4 to 6 cents from folks who know more about this than
I but I have seen a wide range of color in what have been called "pulchers".  I have had
some that were very dark and another strain that were very red.  I also saw some in our
local auction that leaned toward a yellow orange (maybe just stressed).  Pulchers have
been in the hobby so long and bred so many times that I suspect their color forms could
be highly variable.

I have also seen fish that showed no interest in each other at all and when a third was
introduced, all hell broke loose.  I know you have heard people talk about the pair
bond.   Maybe that was it.  .02 at least.