RE: RO against Seradest (+ anybody from Belgium ?)

	Hi !, Thanx.[JMS]

> > does anyone could explain me the difference between RO water and
> de-ionised
> >  water (by Seradest method).
> I do not know what Seradest is.  I assume it is a true de-ionizer, and not
> water softener?

	true de-ionizer but couldn't find any doc about it :( [JMS]

> >  As an analytical chemist, I can't really understand that my rams seems
> >  dislike the Seradest water witha conductivity of about 0.5µS/cm ?
> Perhaps the water is TOO pure.  .5 microsiemens is pretty fine.  Your fish
>
> may require a little more hardness in order to survive.

	Sure !, it's just like RO, you could just use it to dilute, not
pure.[JMS]

> Are you talking 12 º or 12 ppm(mg/l)?  There's a big difference here.

	degrees, sorry[JMS]

> >  I just have acces to free Seradest water, not to RO :(((
> >
> I would use the deionized water, but not so pure.  Mix in enough tapwater
> get around 1-2º GH.  As a chemist you should be able to handle that.

	Yep, it was what I was doing when I was so surprised with the
reaction of my rams.Their beating (ventilating?) quickly with what should be
their arms if they were humans and just stay in a corner, loose their color.
	Those who survived get their color back but are quite "quiet", not
the cichlidish attitude they used to, and still ventilating quite fast.
	There is a good water flow and enough ventilated and it's a specific
tank, not overpopulated (about 30liters/ram)[JMS]