Re: I can't believe what I see.

Max

There have been many claims of sex reversal, but very few are provable. To be a
true sex reversal a fish has to be the only female in a tank and produce fry. It
must later, after sex reversal, it must be the only fish (of that genus) in a
tank with a proven female (one which has laid eggs before) and then produce fry.
Otherwise there is always the question of who actually laid/fertilized the eggs.
"Females" that never laid eggs can very well be sneaker males. "Males" that never
fertilized eggs could be females showing masculine traits (an effect of fish
menopause?).

Mike Wise