native names (was The perfect d.c. book?)

In a message dated 8/20/2000 9:44:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ken1@iwaynet.net writes:

> Mike,
>          I guess I'm somewhat the closet purist.  I would like most of the
>  things already mentioned; color photos, proper ID's, etc.  I would also
love
>  to hear about where they are found. Sure, most apistos are blackwater fish
>  (Or spend a good deal of time in a black water environment).  But, are all
>  blackwaters the same?  What was the pH, temp, conductivity?  What other
fish
>  fish are routinely collected along with them?

this made me think how i have never heard of any native words for apistos.
is anyone aware of any?  that'd make me think they were not of any importance
for the indigenous people's way of life.

i think people have suggested that trahiras share the same waters as apistos,
ken...

>          With summer ending and fall knocking on the door, it will not be
>  long before another Ohio winter is upon me.  But, it would be summer in the
>  Southern Hemisphere...what a better place to be.

NOT... if you are in the amazon, it'd be the dry season, meaning it doesn't
rain every day, but still would be hot and humid as hell, right, vin?

>  Never argue with an idiot.  They'll drag you down to their level, then beat
>  you with experience!

hey, i resemble that remark!

tsuh yang chen, nyc, USA