Black spots on rams

Hi guys,

I would like to hear some comments from revered list members...
The question is about black spots on blue rams. They usually have it. After
about 5 breedings in my tank the descendants of the original spotted pair
lost the spot completely (together with desire to thrieve and grow big and
beautiful). Rams I have now are F1 of a store-bought pair (with spot), and
they do not have spot any more (all of them), although overwise are fine.
What does influence the inheritance/appearance of the blue spot - any ideas?

Lilia