cloudy water

four weeks ago i set up a ten gallon tank.  it clouded up, as i had expected
it to, after a day but has stayed clouded ever since, despite my water
changes of two gallons per day.  does anyone have any idea what is causing
my perpetual clouds?  the occupants of the tank are two a. cacatoides (who
don't seem distressed by the murkiness) and six zebra danios.  there is a
piece of driftwood, which i know leaks little or no tannins, some java fern,
three e. tenellus, and a four inch layer of gravel.  Bottom layer of gravel
is mixed 1/8", 1/2", and 1/4".  Top layer is 1/8" gravel.  pH of water is
approximately 6.8 and hardness is same as water bay area/san
francisco/berkeley tap is like.
any help would be appreciated!
-frank

http://profiles.msn.com.