Re: More questions about A. cacatuoides (and is the list running slowly recen...

Sarah writes:

> Which sex is more aggressive in this species?  Should
>  I be concerned for the safety of any of these fish until I can move
>  them, i.e., will the supernumerary males beat the heck out of each
>  other or the (possibly) solo female before I can set up my spare 20
>  gal as an escape tank?

The males are more territorial, but I would not call them truly aggressive.
The sub-males will retreat to the upper reaches of the tank if it is heavily
planted or decorated.  Once a female has a clutch of eggs to guard, now
THAT'S aggressive.  The female is probably safe if she has a choice of
several cave-like structures.

>  A different note: are we having list problems or is my ISP simply
>  slow?  There's been a response to my question of yesterday, but I
>  have not received a copy of my original message yet!  This has been
>  happening on and off in my inbox for a while, but I thought I'd see
>  if anyone else is experiencing this delay.

I sometimes receive the first answer as much as twenty minutes ahead of the
question, but never a full day ahead.

Bob Dixon