Ram with Gill Problem?

Hello.  I have a basic question I was wondering if someone can help me with.  My female Blue Ram that I have been breeding doesn't look right.  She is breathing hard and it looks like the right gill has gotten swollen?  I just came back from vacation to discover this.  She was fine before I left.  I have read somewhere on this newsgroup about this condition (I think) but I can't recall what was said about this condition.  And information would be helpful.  My ph is at 6.0 with no hardness - she is in a planted 40 gallon with only her mate who looks fine.

-Bonny (kasseen10@hotmail.com)