Re: Dwarf Cichlid Book by Baensch

Helen,

Don't be so hard on the ACA. The ad is just that, an advertisementin the
Buntbarsche Bulletin paid by Römer . The ACA has nothing to do with the contents.

I'm not certain that this is entirely accurate, but from the little I have been
told - and some "reading between the lines" - I think that Uwe and Mergus Verlag
had some serious disagreements over production, distribution rights, and sales of
the English translation. Römer might be subsidizing the publishing of the of the
book in order to just get it published and to control distribution rights to it.

Anyway, it seems that David Soares is the only one offering the book right now.
Dave & Uwe have had a close association for many years and I believe that Uwe
feels that he can trust Dave to sell the book. I know that Dave had a computer
last spring and even was a member of this list for a while. To be honest,
computers are not his strong point and he always prefers corresponding over the
phone. I realize that this is a problem for us more computer literate hobbyists,
but we will have to live with it for now.

I hope that they are successful in promoting their book this way, or realize that
they need more distributors, because it would be a shame to see such a valuable
book not being widely disseminated. My suggestion is to send an air post as soon
as possible and hope for the best.

Mike Wise