From: "Mike & Diane Wise" <apistowise@bewellnet.com>
To: <apisto@listbox.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 05, 2000 10:03 AM
Subject: Re: Dwarf Cichlid Book by Baensch

Helen,

Don't be so hard on the ACA. The ad is just that, an advertisementin the
Buntbarsche Bulletin paid by Römer . The ACA has nothing to do with the
contents.

I'm not certain that this is entirely accurate, but from the little I have
been
told - and some "reading between the lines" - I think that Uwe and Mergus
Verlag
had some serious disagreements over production, distribution rights, and
sales of
the English translation. Römer might be subsidizing the publishing of the of
the
book in order to just get it published and to control distribution rights to
it.

Anyway, it seems that David Soares is the only one offering the book right
now.
Dave & Uwe have had a close association for many years and I believe that
Uwe
feels that he can trust Dave to sell the book. I know that Dave had a
computer
last spring and even was a member of this list for a while. To be honest,
computers are not his strong point and he always prefers corresponding over
the
phone. I realize that this is a problem for us more computer literate
hobbyists,
but we will have to live with it for now.

I hope that they are successful in promoting their book this way, or realize
that
they need more distributors, because it would be a shame to see such a
valuable
book not being widely disseminated. My suggestion is to send an air post as
soon
as possible and hope for the best.

Mike Wise