Re: Dicrossus Filamentosus

                 Hi John,

                 I spawned filamentosus when it was Crenichara filamentosa
and the only way you found them was as transients in assorted dwarf
cichlids in New York wholesalers some 20 years ago,  that and the
checkerboard  would occasionally arrive.

                 I spawned them in 10 gallon tanks planted and they seemed
to always spawn on coconut shells if they were in the tank.  the pair would
watch over the eggs for a few days, after which I would remove them and let
them finish hatching with a light air stone.

i have a complete photographic sequence of these wonderful small fish
spawning on file somewhere.   The only thing I did that was special in any
way was give them a tank to themselves and always provided water sprite
floating to help cut down the light.  The temperature was the ambient in my
fish room .. about 76 degrees........

                 hope this helps .......................... Tony