Re: Hatching Brine Shrimp

I'm interested to hear if there are any more aquarists who are experiencing a
drop in bbs hatching.  With my past two cans, I certainly have seen a severe drop
even though I'm not really doing anything differently.  I used to have a cloud of
orange in 20 hours.  Now I'm getting mostly a bed of unhatched eggs on the bottom
with a small amount of of bbs hovering just above those unhatched cysts. I have
to work harder at harvesting just to get enough bbs for my fry tanks.  So I'm
raising the heat and going 36 to 42 hours -- the results are better, but nothing
near what I was getting.

I suppose that I've just have gotten a couple of bad/old cans.  I'm hoping this
won't be a trend in the quality of eggs that are going out.  I don't like paying
$60 a can, but right now that sounds like a deal if I can get the type of hatches
that I once got.

So please report if you start finding a significant drop in hatches as you break
into new cans.

--Randy