Double red with worm problems. Help!

Hello everybody, I have been lurking on the list for about month and have really been helped and informed by the info so far. Right now the only apistos I have are 4 caucatoides double reds (2 male and 2 female). The males are from a brood that I raised from a breeding pair that I lost to worms. The worms are why I am writing now. I have read the info on the krib regarding worms extensively and have tried tramisol in pill form with limited
success. I have lost 7 fish to the worms and 10 more to an accidental overdosing of tramisol. I am hoping someone on the list may have some
wisdom to share on how to kill these blasted red worms. Symptoms are, red worm hanging out of anus, fish is lethargic not eating color is waxy. These worms are killing only my favorite fish and have me very discouraged any help would be greatly appreciated. The one fish that is currently infected
is in a 5-gallon medical tank. My main tank is 55-gallon fully planted community tank with magnum 350 and a 20-gallon trickle. For what it's worth
when I treated the tank with tramisol, I noticed a couple of long (several inches) very thin and very fragile red worms creeping along the sides of
the tank, wich I of course removed.

Thanks
Jaemes
Portland, Oregon