Re: Metal Frame Tanks

It is just plain old window putty (linseed oil and ???) with lamp black
(carbon black) mixed into it.

If I were going to make a stainless frame tank today, I would buy really
heavy SS angle iron, have it cut, heliarced and polished, then set the
glass in place spaced from the stls by a plexi strip (maybe 1/16"?????),
then silasticed to seal.  And I would leave a tiny gap between the glass
plates to allow for flexure without breaking the silicone seal.

--
Dave Gomberg, San Francisco            mailto:gomberg@wcf.com
NEW Planted Aquaria Magazine:        http://www.wcf.com/pam