Re: Disease ID & M/F compatibility

Eric,

The growth on the Nannacara, does is it shaped
like a lumpy piece of cauliflower? If so, it's
probably caused by the Lymphocystus virus. Like
most viruses, you can't treat it with antibiotics,
but if the fish is otherwise strong & healthy the
growth will disappear naturally once the fish is
put in quality water conditions.

I've never had N. transvestitus, but like other
Nanochromis they form pairs when ready to breed
and are not polygamous. If your tank can handle
them adequately, I'd suggest getting another male
& female. Then see who pairs off.

Mike Wise