Re: sp.

Unless they are very small, 1"/2.5 cm or less,
separating A. agassizii from A. cacatuoides should
be fairly simple. Male  aggies have a low even
dorsal fin, round (when <2"/5cm) to spade shaped
tail fin, metallic blue color bordering both sides
of the suborbital (cheek) and postorbital (part of
the lateral band running from behind the eye to
the edge of the operula (gill covers), and no
abdominal stripes. They also show the
agassizii-group lip spot. A. cacatuoides males of
the same size will have extended front dorsal fin
spines, a squared off back edge on the tail fin
with upper and lower extensions (lyretail). They
don't show the metallic borders on the suborbital
& postorbital stripes and have 3 to 4 rows of
zigzag abdominal stripes below the lateral band.
Double reds, whether aggies or cacs, will have red
in the the  dorsal and tail fin.  Hope this helps.

Mike Wise