Re: profile as substrate

I have been around these bases myself, trying various soil additives and then
testing water.  To this date, Florite is the only substance I have found that
does the plant thing without increasing General Hardness.  Yes, VERY expensive.

One solution I have found is to use plant baskets on a bare bottom or black sand
bottom tank.  Put the Florite in the basket.  Plants grow like crazy with very
little investment in Florite.  If concerned hide the basket with driftwood or
inert rocks.

john

E-Mail: John N. Alegre <listhub@libros.andante.mn.org>
Date: 24-Apr-01