Re: Ram info

Chrys,

Your Rams look like standard Asian bred Rams. The top one is usually called a
Blue Ram. The bottom one looks like a mix of a Blue and a Gold Ram. Too often
they are sold as Gold Rams. The original Gold Ram was all yellow with no blue
at all. Asian bred Rams have a history of being delicate so it's best to make
sure they are cared for properly. Try to keep them in slightly acid,
moderately soft water with a temperature over 80ºF (27ºC). Rams are easy to
sex once their mid body spot appears. Males have a long narrow spot with no
blue scales in the black spot except around the edges. Females have a more
round spot with many more blue scales scattered throughout the black spot. I
hope this helps. Good luck with your Rams.

Mike Wise