Re: Need help on the timing to rescue fry

Tomoko,

Sal has one method that works, but most hobbyists find that fry grow slower
when not with their mother. You can do what I do. I remove the male for about
3 weeks. Mom takes care of the kids. Then I remove the fry and give the
female another couple of weeks or several months of rest before I pair her
off with a male again. This works for most apistos, but don't do it with
species that tend to bond in pairs (nijsseni- and pertensis-group species).
Then just siphon off the fry at about 2 weeks of age. The best way is after a
couple of hours in the dark find the place where the female keeps her fry for
the night and then siphon them off like Sal does.

Mike Wise