[Fwd: BOUNCE apisto@admin.listbox.com: Approval required:]

Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 07:07:58 +0700
To: apisto@listbox.com
From: Arthit Prasartkul <arthitp@ksc.th.com>
Subject: Nanacara anomal spawning!

Dear list,
I have been following the apisto list actively  since I got my first dwarfs
3 months ago. (A trio of N.anomala and a pair of aggies.) However, I rarely
post a message to the list. I posted a thread asking for info on the tank
setup on my first week before getting those fish. I have been helped
wonderfully by members, esp. Mike Wise. (Thanks again Mike!) Now I need
your help again as my NA has just spawned and the free-swimming frys are
seen this morning.

Before I am asking, I guess I should introduce myself to you all a bit. My
name is Arthit Prasartkul from Bangkok Thailand. I am now reading
International Relations at Chulalongkorn Uni. in Bangkok for my 3rd year. I
currently have a pair of aggies and a trio of NA. Since dwarf cichlids are
not popular here among thai fish hobbyists, I was quite lucky to find these
fish at my LFS. It was the only lot of dwarfs that the LFS had imported!

Here comes my question: I have my female NA spawned and I don't know what
and how to do with frys. There are one male and two female NAs, along with
4 cardinal tetras as dithers, in my tank. I see the dithers eat the strayed
frys and also notice the mother swallow the frys too. I wonder if she is
moving the frys or really eat them. What should I do with this? Do I have
to take the dithers and the rest out, leaving only the mother and the frys
in the tank or just leave it like this? Any suggestion will be much
appreciated. Thank you.

Arthit