Re: A. panduro spawning

Hello Mach

Good to see another killie keeper gone apisto dude!!   I keep both also!

You can expect your female panduro to be a good mother.   She'll guard
the fry very well.   I never had too much problems with my panduro
eating their fry.   The male is a good parent too most of the time.

Biggest concerns here now is what are your water conditions.    I've
found Panduro to like it soft and acid.    If the water was soft and pH
of 6.0 I never had problems with fertile eggs hatching.   I think, no i
say THINK, that in higher pH and hardness , that even fertilized eggs
might not hatch.  I know I'm sticking my neck out on that comment but,
like i said i THINK that might be true.

Of course if this is the first time spawning for the pair, they might
fungus up because the pair needs to learn how to spawn correctly.
Sometimes it takes two or three spawns from some of my apisto pairs
until they get it down pat and start raising nice little families.

Either way, enjoy them and good luck

John