Re: blue ram parenting behavior? P.S.

On Wed, 19 Sep 2001 JerrCarol@aol.com wrote:

> Hi Teresa,
>  I had to order cultures of micro worms and vinegar eels. I suppose that's
> good for all fry but, if I'm wrong I'm sure I'll be corrected. In a pinch
> I've purchased some of the liquid fry and I also hatch brine shrimp. It all
> gets to be routine so it's not as much trouble once you get use to it. I was
> told by several people to seek out a club and get involved. I'm told they
> have "stuff" like that there. I don't know if the people that told me that
> were just tired of answering my questions or if they were being helpful. I
> will find out soon. The first meeting I will attend that is close to me will
> be the 1st Thurs. in Oct. It's a general type club but a guy I just met who
> breeds apistos is speaking.

Microworms, vinegar eels, rotifers, and infusoria all make good first
feeds for many small fry that are too small to eat newly hatched brine
shrimp.  All are generally found at club meetings (that is where I got
most of them) or friends on the internet.  Right now it may be difficult
to get things shipped via USPS so local clubs and friends may be the best
bet.
	APR works great for rainbowfish fry (really small) and it is fed
directly. a small sprinkle on the surface works well.

	AS they get older newly hatched brine shrimp, sifted Daphnia or
Moina will be good foods.  I like working with the sifted Moina as they
are slightly larger than brine shrimp napuli and will remain alive in a
tank until eaten.  Tooting my own horn, but it is the lazy man's way of
feeding fish fry.  Fill the tank with some moina or daphnia and let them
be until they eat them all.

>  As for you being Newbie #2 well, I'm not sure who #1 is but, I think most of
> us just sit and watch because we are a little apprehensive about looking or
> sounding stupid. As for me I just want to learn and was always taught the
> only stupid question is the one you don't ask. Have a good one.

I agree.  The only way to learn is to ask.

MTF