Re: blue ram parenting behavior? P.S.

Well if you plan to breed any fish other than maybe
livebearers, I think you should plan on hatching brine
shrimp. I did a small survey a couple of years ago on
some of the lists I read, and I do not believe anyone
who replied did not use bbs.

I recently tried to switch from bbs to microworms to save time, money, and hassle with the bbs. I tried raising five separate spawns solely on microworms. When they got old enough to eat "non-moving" food, I also supplemented with Mike Reed's No-BS food, and decap brine shrimp eggs. The bottom line was that growth rates of all spawns was absolutely horrible and none of the fish looked healthy. I recently got five more spawns and raised them on bbs with occasional microworms. Growth rates are now incredible and the fish look great.

For whatever reason, bbs rules.  (at least with bettas)
--

Brian Ahmer
ahmer.1@osu.edu